If you have chooks this is a great way to use eggs. It looks tricky, but it always works out a treat! It’s the perfect summer dessert. I always make a quiche with the leftover yolks. Holly – hbh collective
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 1 ½ cups chopped fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Place the whites in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add small amounts of the sugar (around 1tbsp) at a time, beating well after each addition. When all the sugar has been added, beat in until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a baking paper-lined swiss roll tin. Bake for 10 minutes or until risen and golden. Let cool slightly then dust with icing sugar.
- Place the dusted meringue on a soft, clean tea towel. Remove the baking paper and carefully roll up, using the towel to help. Once cool, spread with cream and top with fruit. Re-roll carefully. Serve in slices with passionfruit or berry coulis for a delicious treat!