This delicious recipe was provided by Cris’ mum Orietta from Weetangera – A traditional Italian recipe. Orietta suggests making the stock from scratch for a tastier option. Cris – hbh collective.
- 1 radicchio finely sliced
- 1 onion – chopped
- handful dried porcini mushrooms
- 400 gms Arborio risotto rice
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 or 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and brown onion
- Add half radicchio and mushrooms and simmer for a few minutes
- Add rice and stir for a few minutes until translucent
- Pour in the wine and cook until it’s absorbed by the rice
- Add stock a little at a time, adding more as stock is absorbed. Keep adding until rice is nearly cooked.
- Add the rest of the radicchio and stir until rice is cooked. Stir in some parmesan cheese. Serve hot with a sprinkle of more cheese.