This recipe was provided by Sam from Barrio, which his kids love just as much as Barrio customers! A good recipe if you have chickens laying eggs in the backyard and everything else is probably already in the pantry. It’s a favourite at the Sam’s Braddon café. Ash – hbh collective
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup almond meal (I suggest coarsely blitzing up whole almonds to get more texture)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- Coupla tablespoons of spices (cinnamon, ground cardamom, ginger etc.)
- Mash the banana, add the olive oil, honey, eggs, spices and mix.
- Fold through flour, meal and baking powder.
- Pour into a baking paper-lined loaf tin. Smallish loaf tin is best. Bake for 45-50 minutes.